What is Solvup?
Solvup is a cloud-based repairs and returns facilitations platform that retailers use when customers return faulty items to stores. Using troubleshooting information, business rules and repairer information provided by Vendors/Manufacturers, Solvup will make recommendations to stores on the best remedy for a product based on where it is in it’s lifecycle. This remedy might be providing the customer with a replacement product, or sending the product away for repair by an authorised repairer.
In addition to this, Solvup will:
- Automatically identify whether items are within their warranty period
- Provide troubleshooting advice to stores to help minimise the number of non-faulty returns and repairs
- Provide a diagnostic summary to you, the repairer
- Provide a means for you to provide information on the repair back to the store and the consumer
- Provide the customer with automatic updates about the progress of their repair, minimising the volume of calls made to you, the repairer
- (If required) provide you with a means to send information to the brand (vendor or supplier)
I didn’t sign up to Solvup – why am I getting emails from the system?
Vendors and Manufacturers provide Solvup with the details of their authorised repairers to enable stores to send in-warranty faulty products to the correct repairers. Whenever a store allocates a job to you, Solvup will send you an email to you to notify you of the incoming job. You are under no obligation to use Solvup – in which case you should think of it as just another way for stores to find you and communicate with you.
I don’t want to have to use another system – do I now have to use Solvup as well?
You do not need to access Solvup if you don’t want to. There are definitely benefits to using the system as it means less phone calls to you from stores and customers; however if you choose not to engage with the platform then you do not need to. The store will still send the job to you and you can still complete the repair as normal without having to use Solvup.
If I were to use Solvup, what am I required to do in there?
You have the ability to provide visibility to the customer and the store of the progress of the repair by completing certain actions on each repair case in Solvup:
- Check items in when you receive them
- This shows everyone that the item is in your possession
- Select an outcome from the initial inspections
- This shows everyone whether or not the warranty is valid
- Provide quotes if the item is out of warranty
- Quotes can be accepted or rejected in the system without ever having to make or receive a phone call
- Add notes to a case
- You can update everyone on any details of a repair by using notes
- You can also use notes to request additional information or ask questions about any missing parts
- Check items out when you dispatch them
- This shows everyone that you have sent the item back to the store
For support and training on how to do all of this, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org call us on 1800 653 299 – Option 2
As a repairer, how do I access repairs in the system?
You will need a user ID and password. If you don’t have this, please email email@example.com or call 1800 653 299 – Option 2 for support. The Solvup team will be able to provide you with a username and password, as well as giving you some guidance on how to navigate the platform once you are logged in.
- Solvup is accessible through a normal web browser – you don’t need to download anything to be able to use it.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to see a list of all repairs assigned to you, regardless of retailer, store or brand. You can even see items which are destined for you but have not yet left the store.
- Each repair which is sent to you will have a unique Case ID.
- Click on the item to update it, or to find out more information on the item or the fault
Where can I get more information?
When you are logged in to Solvup, you will see a link called “Help & Support” at the top of the page. Simply click this link to go to our repairer support page where you will find a list of FAQs and further information about the Solvup platform.
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 653 299 – Option 2