We all love to repair stuff rather than throw it away, but there is a serious side to the system that manages your repair.
This Repairs Platform is operated by TIC Group (Reverse Logistics) Pty Ltd (ACN 080153680) (TIC Group) of 214 Blackshaws Road, Altona North, Victoria 3025, Australia.
This website is intended for access from Australia and New Zealand only and may not comply with laws in other countries.
2. Collection of personal information
We collect personal information about you through the Website for the purpose of carrying out our business activities. This information includes telephone number, address, e-mail address as well as details of the product you are repairing - including its make, model and purchase price. If certain personal information is not provided to us then this will impair our ability to process your repair.
3. Use of personal information
We may use your personal information for business related purposes, including (without limitation) the following:
- (i) to update you on the progress of a repair
- (ii) to contact you with questions about your repair
- (iii) to establish and maintain your user registration on the Website;
- (iv) to facilitate investigations of unlawful activities or where we suspect that unlawful activity has been engaged in;
- (v) for disclosures required or authorised by law, regulation or court order or for disclosures intended to assist enforcement bodies;
- (vi) for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal rights;
- (vii) in an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of our Website or the general public, or where it is in the interests of national security; and
- (viii) for other purposes set out when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to repairs or your use of the Website.
4. Sharing of information
You consent to your personal information being shared with repairers and suppliers to enable them to perform functions on our behalf in connection with repairs (such as follow up and delivery of items, updates on the progress of repairs, marketing data analysis or customer services).
Where such disclosures occur, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties keep your personal information secure, and use your information only to perform the task for which we have engaged them.
This personal information will not be sold or provided to any third party or used for any purpose not related to repairs.
If you provide your consent to us doing so, we may use your personal information in order to keep you up to date with information about us and our products and services. You can opt out from receiving promotional material from us at any time by emailing us and requesting to be removed from our mailing lists.
5. Behavioural information
Occasionally, when you access our Website we may use a feature of your browser called a "Cookie". A Cookie is a piece of information that a website sends to your browser. Cookies are used to add functionality, track website usage and to enable us to personalise your visit to our Website. Cookies do not in themselves identify you. Rather, they identify your computer's browser. We may also use Cookie technology to track the number of visitors to our Website in an aggregate form. Personally identifiable information is not extracted or collected in this process. You may set your computer browser to disable Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent. If you disable Cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Website and certain features may not be available.
When you browse our Website, we may also collect and log the following types of information (Clickstream Data):
- (i) the date and time that you visit our Website;
- (ii) the amount of time you spend on our Website;
- (iii) the particular pages that you visit;
- (iv) the type of browser you use;
- (v) the address of your server; and
- (vi) the address of the website that you have connected from.
6. Generation of statistics
We use anonymous data from repairs (including but not limited to geographic locations, brands and product details, timings and repair costs) on an aggregate basis for reporting and statistics to improve the future management of repairs. This aggregate data (also called meta data) is the property of TIC Group.
7. Disclosure of personal information
Disclosure of your personal information will only be made in circumstances where:
- (i) it is done for the purpose for which it was collected;
- (ii) we are required to make such disclosure by law;
- (iii) it is done for the purpose of cross-checking information you have provided us against records of stolen, counterfeit and/or fraudulent goods;
- (iv) you expressly consent to us making such disclosure; and
8. Checking your personal information
If you wish to access, verify, correct or update any of your personal information collected by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also see a summary of the information we hold on you by logging on to the Customer Portal. TIC Group's switchboard number is +61 (3) 9393 3737.
We will at all times endeavour to assist you in respect of any queries you may have in relation to your personal information, however we reserve the right to refuse access to such information where permitted to do so by the National Privacy Principles.
9. Information security
We will at all times take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where personal information is held by us (or on our behalf) in electronic or physical form, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is secure.
We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. To the full extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any loss or other damages of any kind that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse, modification or disclosure of any personal information you submit on the Website.
Like many web-based platforms, we are hosted on 'the cloud' - a network of storage devices connected through the Internet. Because of this, personal data may be held outside of Australia.
We offer the ability to opt out of e-mails via the Customer Portal. Please note that opting out of these e-mails will limit our ability to keep you updated about the progress of your repair. You may opt back in to receive e-mails through the Customer Portal.
11. Other sites
The Website may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate, including those of the retailers, suppliers and repairers involved in your repair. We do not control, recommend or endorse and we are not responsible for these websites or their content, products, services or privacy policies.
This policy was created on 23 January 2012.